Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blessed, Broken and Given

And Jesus, when he came out , saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things. And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said , This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed:  Send them away , that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eatHe answered and said unto them, Give ye them to eat . And they say unto him, Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eatHe saith unto them, How many loaves have ye ? go and see . And when they knew , they say , Five, and two fishes. And he commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass. And they sat down in ranks , by hundreds, and by fifties. And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed , and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all. And they did all eat , and were filled . - Mark 6:34-42

What do you do that you consider to be so unimpressive to people that you've hidden it from God? If our Lord could take two fish and five loaves and feed thousands, don't you think that He may have so much more that He wants to do with the little that your offer Him?

I've been writing devotionals and Bible studies for just over a decade. I have journals filled with writings that have never been published. Eventually, I launched out and began publishing the writings on sites for Christian writers. But, I didn't think that my meager attempts at writing were enough for anyone to receive spiritual nourishment from. And, I was right! Oh, but when the Master adds His blessing to what little I have to offer, He can do far more than I ever imagined with what He inspires me to write.

Late last year, the Lord blessed me to self-publish my first book. It is entitled, Blessed, Broken and Given: The Making of a Servant of God. The Lord gave me the book several years ago. However, I was not able to write it, in its entirety, because I did not understand what brokenness was. Even after completing the manuscript and publishing the book, I discovered that the Lord had more to teach me about servant-hood. So, that book will be revised, as the Lord leads.

Recently, the Lord has been inspiring me to write more. He's placed it on my heart to write on topics such as "forgiveness," "repentance," "love," and "grace". I love to write Bible studies and devotionals, so it is my prayer that He will continue to inspire me to write these as well. So, I'm launching out into the deep, again. I've asked the Lord, "what if no one reads what I've written!" Then He reminds me, that I'm writing for an audience of One. He will give the increase, in His time and in His way, at the appointed time, for the glory and praise of His Name!

Shalom!


No comments:

Post a Comment